So you’re engaged. Now what? Fire up that printer because there are a LOT of things to keep track of.
1. First of all, figure out what your ideal wedding ring gem size is.
Zales / zales.com
While 3 carats sounds awesome in theory, you run the risk of a heavy rock that might swallow up your dainty ring finger.
2. Once you’re engaged, here are your first steps.
One day you’ll be glad that someone told you to insure your ring.
3. Here’s a helpful big-picture wedding planning timeline:
So go ahead and put it all in your planner or Google calendar.
4. Don’t forget your very important BEAUTY checklist.
5. Figure out when you want to have the wedding.
6. This guide will help you figure out what kind of wedding you want to have on your budget.
7. Start figuring out your budget. Print out this checklist and start filling it out:
8. Here are your exciting attire options you get to impose on your guests:
9. Decide Whom to Invite
10. Here’s every tiny detail regarding your save-the-dates and invitations that you didn’t even bother to consider:
11. If you’re a real stickler for etiquette, here are all the proper ways to address your guests.
12. The fun part that easily veers into dread: shopping for your wedding dress.
13. Say yes to the dress.
14. How to Measure if you’re buying your dress online or purchasing a pre-owned dress
15. Know your veil terms:
16. The train
17.When it comes time to start researching your vendors, you’ll want to know what questions to ask your caterer:
18. And your wedding photographer:
19. Make sure to give the photographer some version of this checklist:
20. Drop some well-meaning hints to let your bridesmaid know what her duties are.
21. Before you call the florist, figure out what flowers and bouquets you want:
22. Make sure you use your registry to get everything you NEED:
23. While planning your registry, be sure to choose enough items in each price category to ensure all of your guests will be able to afford gifts.
24. This chart will help you figure out your cake specifications:
25. And for slightly more complicated, layered cakes:
26. If you’re self-catering or preparing a buffet, here’s a handy guide to portions:
27. And if you’re providing your own alcoholic beverages:
28. Handling your own table settings? Follow proper etiquette:
29. Here is every minuscule thing you need to keep track of, basically.
30. Here’s a last-minute to-do list during your final countdown days:
31. Make sure anyone in your wedding wearing a bowtie actually knows how to tie one.
32. Confused about wedding processional order?