Few wedding moments are more touching than the father-daughter dance. Traditionally, it’s the second dance of the wedding, immediately following the first dance between the newly married couple. Of course, if there’s another special person in your life who you see as a father figure, you can share your special dance with them instead. (This could be the person who gives you away if you choose to uphold that custom.)
You want to pick a song that really speaks to your emotions, but finding the perfect choice among all the father-daughter dance songs out there can be tricky. You’re looking to encapsulate the special relationship you share with your dad—you want a song about love but only the one-of-a-kind love between a dad and daughter.
Ask yourself a couple of questions when choosing the best song to dance to with your father:
- Do you already have a favorite song that makes you think about your dad?
- Do you want the song to be emotional?
- Do you want a more upbeat and fun song?
- Do you love country music?
By choosing the perfect dad-and-daughter dance song, there won’t be a dry eye in the room.
Scroll down below and listen to some of the amazing choices (There is a really fun idea at the bottom for the bride looking to do something out of the ordinary for the father-daughter dance).
Our Favorite Father-Daughter Songs
- “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman
- “Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle
- “Fathers & Daughters” by Boyce Avenue
- “Sweet Pea” by Amos Lee
- “How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You” by James Taylor
- “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw
- “I Loved Her First” by Heartland
- “Never Grow Up” by Taylor Swift
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” by The Shires
Slow Tempo Father-Daughter Wedding Songs
- “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
- “What A Wonderful World” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- “Unforgettable” by Natalie Cole (Duet with Nat ‘King’ Cole)
- “Unforgettable” by Nat ‘King’ Cole
- “Times Of Your Life” by Paul Anka
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” by Michael Buble (we also have 19 other wedding songs by Michael Bublé if you’re a fan)
- “Little Miss Magic” By Jimmy Buffet
- “Fathers and Daughters” by Michael Bolton
Medium/Upbeat Father-Daughter Songs
- “Daughter” by Loudon Wainwright lll
- “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder (If you love songs like this from the 70s, we have put together an entire article that covers the best dance songs of the 70s to use at your wedding or party)
- “Father and Daughter” by Paul Simon
- “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” by Marvin Gaye
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra (more Frank Sinatra wedding songs)
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “Forever Young” by Rod Stewart
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses (If you love songs like this from the eighties, we have an article that contains over 300 songs from the 80s for your wedding).
- “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack
Country Songs for Father-Daughter
- “Just Fishin” by Trace Adkins
- “In My Daughters Eyes” by Martina McBride
- “Dance With My Daughter” by Jason Blaine
- “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
- “I’ll Be Your Man (Song For A Daughter)” by Zac Brown Band
- “It Won’t Be Like This For Long” by Darius Rucker
- “Daddy” by Abby Anderson
- “Daddy Dance With Me” by Krystal Keith
- “Tough Little Boys” by Gary Allan
- “For My Daughter” by Kane Brown